Dr. David Kang, PhD
- Conversion Study
- Overseas Chinese Mission
- Research Methodology(Grounded Theory)
- 선교학 연구 방법론: 근거이론 활용지침 (서울, CLC, 2008)
- Ph.D., Intercultural Studies, Torch Trinity Graduate University (Summa cum lauder), 2016.
- M.Div. Chongshin Theological Seminary, Seoul, 1989.
- Singapore Bible College (1993): Audited in the Chinese M. Div. Course one year.
- M.A. English Language Teaching, Nottingham University, U.K., 1995.
- B.A, Public Administration, Myeongji University, Seoul, Korea, 1982.
- Missionary for Chinese people since 1991(GMS)
- Senior Pastor of Incheon Chinese Christian Church
- Adjunct Professor: Faith International Seminary, Seattle, USA
- Adjunct Professor: Torch Trinity Graduate University.
- Guest Professor: Myeongji University(Seoul, Korea)
title of dissertation
“Conversion of Chinese students in Korea to the Evangelical Christianity: Factors, Process, and Types”
Dr. Chang Seop Kang has served Chinese Diaspora in Saipan, America, and Korea since 1991. He experienced planting Chinese churches and served the churches with Chinese missionaries around the world, Hong Kong, America, and Canada. He studied on conversion of Chinese students in Korea for Ph. D, dissertation and found the Chinese students have converted to Christianity mostly not through cognitive factors but through experiencing God. Chang Seop Kang recently published a book, Transforming Research Methodology for Missiology: Practical Guide through Grounded Theory(2018, CLC). He is teaching in several seminary and university; Torch Trinity Graduate University, Myeongji University, and Faith International University(Seattle USA).
I was born on December 19, 1924, near the Yalu River, at the Korean border with China. I was the eldest son of a prominent Korean resistance leader against the Japanese military regime, which had occupied Korea since invading it in 1905. My father received Christ as his Savior when he was ten years old,
Dr. David J. Cho (1924-2020), who has been called “Mr. Mission,” went to the Lord at his home in Uiwang-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea on June 19, 2020. Dr. Cho was born on December 29, 1924 in Chungryol-dong, Yanggwang-myeon, Yongcheon-gun, North Pyeongan Province of North Korea, located on the banks of the Yalu River that flows
One of the most accomplished mission leaders of our lifetime died in June 2020 – Dr. David J. Cho. His life is a story of deep commitment to the Lord and profound engagement to the spread of the Gospel. Few in the West noticed his passing. I have recorded at least two interviews with Dr.
If you’d like a free consultation, please start by completing the form: